Friday, October 17, 2008

This is what's happening here

My husband is in the middle of a job that has taken him away for 10 days. He is getting some wonderful time with his Dad in the process, which is so great and so needed. We (the kids and I) are just fine. Short term single parenting I can live with, briefly. :)

So, the kids and I are just getting the school work done early so we can move on to the rest of our day which will include hanging out at the park with some other homeschool families. Wow. That was a really long sentence. Sorry about that.

Anyway, so I am taking part in this Beth Moore Bible Study about the Psalms of Ascent. It is really good and really awakening my Spirit in some ways. This particular day in the study reminds me to pray for the peace of my city. Not something I often think to do if I am honest. So I did.

It's interesting, because for two years we tried really hard to sell our house. We had two or three times that offers were made but contracts either fell through or were broken by others. We were trying to pay off some school loans and move closer to our church.....well, God had other plans. And here we sit. Same house, same neighborhood, different church since my Kurt got called to preach at one in a neighboring city. I don't understand why we are still here, but I don't have to. I do need to be awake enough in my spirit to recognize the needs around me and just trust my God.

So, in a little while the kids and I will head to the park.

Can I just add that I am particularly enjoying my children right now? Such precious, not so little ones, growing so very fast. I love to see their senses of humor blossom. They crack me up and I think I would be much older without them. Does that make sense? I also love those aha moments when they have them.

Right now, they are in my face wanting lunch and to get moving toward the park or whatever we do next so, that is all for now. The natives are officially restless and distracting. Did I mention I'm really enjoying my kids?

Later,
Leisl

2 comments:

Growin' With It said...

i did that study last spring. it is incredible!! and i wish i had an hour to tell you about our house selling/buying stories. it has been absolutely amazing when i finally sit back and relax and watch God move. so many questions! but so many blessings by just trusting.

have a great weekend,
linda

Gayle said...

have I told you how glad I am that you're blogging?

Well, the answer is "very". :)