Friday, October 10, 2008

Am I Really Up this Late?

Why yes, yes I am. This laptop has been on my thighs so long I am sure to have burn marks. I have done research on everything from homemade ice packs to put on my Daddy's aching knee, (no, not just ice in a ziplock bag - this really cool gel kind that comes from mixing three parts water to one part rubbing alcohol,) to drug reactions and definitions of medical terms. I also checked the blogs I follow and a couple of more that I follow but don't remember how to show on my blog.

I was kind of staying up late, hoping to hear from my friend who is beside her Grandmother in a nursing home tonight. The news was not good, and we are just praying for the Lord's Presence to just really surround them all.

It is amazing how some of life's sweetest moments are bound up in sorrowful ones. Just today, I got on my knees beside my earthly Daddy, put my hand on his feverish leg and prepared to pray with him and my sweet Momma for wisdom regarding some frightening symptoms he was experiencing. As I bowed my head to pray, I was just OVERWHELMED with how much I love my parents. The thought of being in this world without either of them is just SO SAD to me. I began weeping, and then my Mom stepped on my glasses that I had just put on the floor in front of me. Then, I started laughing, and they both did too. It kind of released that heaviness from us and we were able to pray, each one of us. It was just so - very - sweet, to be able to go TOGETHER into the presence of our Father in Heaven, and relinquish the whole thing into His very capable hands. Peace.

He is God. He is Good. He is the same yesterday, today, and forever.

In awe of the simple things,
Leisl

4 comments:

Kelly Ellison said...

I am so glad that you entered the blogging world. Even though you no longer live in Calera, it feels like you have moved back since I am able to keep up with you through this blog. I love reading your posts!
Kelly

Growin' With It said...

"life's sweetest moments are bound up in sorrowful ones"...so very, very true! wonderful post!

DeeDee said...

Praying for your dad with you.
Please keep us posted on how he is doing.
We love you all!
DeeDee

Gayle @ thewestiecrew said...

I love you Leisl-friend.