Saturday, October 25, 2008

Better than Chocolate

Today's post is about the joy of "girl time." Make that "grown up girl time." I had some today and it was so desperately needed.

A trip to WalMart and the Salvation Army Thrift Store.

It wasn't the places we went, it was the girltalk that fed my soul. The title of one book I saw at the Thrift Store was something like, "Chocolate for a Woman's Heart." I don't know anything about the book, but I loved the title. I like Chicken Soup when I have a cold. But I like a little chocolate, ....mmm....pretty much any and all the time. Just a couple of hours to talk about the things close to our heart, to connect, well it was better than a pan of double fudge chocolate brownies.

My precious children probably don't realize that when they say their prayers tonight, they should thank our Lord that Momma had some girl time today.

I will thank Him for creating chocolate. And girlfriends.

Amen.

Leisl

3 comments:

DeeDee said...

oh how fun - good "girl" time and good chocolate.

Glad you had a good day!

Sweet Blessings,
DeeDee

Growin' With It said...

when i first became a mommy it took me a long time to figure out how important time away with girls was vital to my sanity and my being a mommy. good for you girl! wish we could do it in real life together cuz i'd love to know you better!

Halfmoon Girl said...

Amen to that. I was just at a baby shower. I had to behave somewhat- I need to just get out with some girlfriends to get some good belly laughs.