Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Blessings

As I do the last minute preparations for driving back to LA, (Lower Alabama - I know its obvious, but you never know who might not get it.) I find myself thinking of all the blessings in my life. Not necessarily in order though close:

The #1 obvious blessing: My Heavenly Father from whom they all originate:

"Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows. " James 1:7
  • My sweet, strong, precious husband who got off a plane after 16 hours of travel to take over with our three kids so that I could be available to my Mom and Dad after Daddy's knee surgery. ( I can't wait to see my husband.)
  • A Mom and Dad who love the Lord and each other, and have loved their children and grandchildren so well.
  • Sisters in Christ who love Him and love me.
  • Starbucks ;D) A place to go hang with my Sisters and fellowship. ( And drink Caramel Macchiatos - or maybe next time that Pumpkin Spice Latte that Gayle had....mmmm.)
  • Friendship that may be complicated by busy lives and miles between, but can pick up right where it left off....even with late notice. (Thanks for joining us even though it was late Dee Dee!)
  • Fellowship in Christ....there is nothing sweeter.
  • The sovereignty of God - those moments when an awareness overwhelms, of being in a certain place at a certain time to either be available to someone, or just to pray....HARD.

These bless Me, and I am refreshed. My Jesus knows how very much I needed this.

On a different note,

I just have to say also for the record that I am blessed when technology fails and Gayle can't post a truly heinous video we made last night. Any one reading this who follows her blog (and that is probably any one reading this..)should consider it a blessing as well. This too is the sovereignty of God!

Blessings to you today,

Leisl

4 comments:

DeeDee said...

Wonderful List Leisl...
I say a THANK YOU for calling me - and getting me up off the couch to come have some Starbucks and some WONDERFUL fellowship. Late as it was! So glad I did not miss that sweet blessing. We must not let it be so long between "catch-up" times. So, make sure you call me again.
Don't you love that with "kindred spirits" we really do just pick up where we left off.
Sweet!
Love and Blessings,
DeeDee
Give your precious family a hug from me (ALL of them)

Gayle @ thewestiecrew said...

Mwwwaaaahhhhaaaaahhhaaaa!!

It ain't over till the fat lady sings, or the overly caffeinated girls make a booty out of themselves. :D

Seriously though, I just loved our little time together last night too! We must have been some sight, the 3 of us at Starbucks after the workers were long gone...hee-hee! It was so wonderful.

Growin' With It said...

i think you did great on the video blog! and i bet there is more than just me that is a teensy bit envious seeing you hanging with gayle. looks like you have an awesome friendship. and great laughs!

nice to meet you.
~linda

Olivia said...

Leisl,
Hey!! I haven't seen or spoken to you in a while and I have to admit I am new to this blogging stuff. Heck, I am not sure I even know how to leave a comment, but here it goes. I am in DeeDee's Sunday night class and I thought I would look at her blog and did and found your's also. I hope all is well with you and that your Dad is feeling better. I can see why DeeDee stays up late blogging, it's fun to see what others are up to. Talk to you soon.
Love,
Ann(DeFreese)Davis