Saturday, September 27, 2008

Me 'n my Daddy

I'm sitting here blogging beside my Daddy, who is recovering from knee replacement surgery and his second day of physical therapy. He was so worn out! But he is such an amazingly tough guy. He will stick it out, and he will overcome this so that he can then have his other knee replaced. His "good knee," the one he will depend upon to stand on while rehabing the left one, was viewed recently on x-ray by an orthopedic surgeon who said, "I've been doing this for 16 years, and that is the worst knee I have ever seen." Kind of daunting isn't it? But my "God is able to do exceedingly, abundantly beyond all that we can ask or imagine"

To continue: It's now three days later. Or, three and a half seeing as how it is 3:20 a.m. on Saturday morning. I'm hanging here at the hospital with Daddy, again. He has had a tough time here for the last few days. This infection that is causing him to spike a fever every afternoon has worn him out. It has me pretty worn out too. I can't sleep because he is snoring like there is no tomorrow, which he cannot help because he is forced to sleep flat on his back.

I am too tired to attempt anything further with this post. Suffice it to say that the preceding comments were not intended to be a complaint. On the contrary, my entire purpose for posting at all was to communicate what a precious Daddy I have, and how, no matter what inconveniences, embarrassing moments, or frustrations are to be endured here, this man is one of the kindest, most giving men God ever created. It is my pleasure and honor to sit beside him and listen to him snore and offer whatever little comfort or help I can.

It is the least I can do, especially when I recognize the fact that throughout my lifetime as his daughter, I have no doubt caused him many inconveniences, embarassing moments, and frustrations.....not to mention bills. :D At least I increased his prayer life.

Leisl

2 comments:

Gayle @ thewestiecrew said...

You sure do have one awesome Daddy there, girlfriend.

Still praying for this persistent infection. :(

DeeDee said...

We all agree at what a wonderful man - our... Coach Gilliam is!

Been such a blessing in our life.

Praying for him, and for you.

Blessings Sweet friend...
Deedee