Friday, November 21, 2008

It's Cold Yall

Well, so much for my big yard sale plans. It just ain't happenin' down here on the gulf coast where it is forecast to be a hard freeze!!! And it is well on the way. Long term forecasts predict that Sat. Dec. 6th should be nice. I'll try again in a couple of weeks. I don't dare try for next Saturday. Oh, no. I must be in place on either the floor or the comfy couch at my Momma and Daddy's house for The Game.

Alabama vs. Auburn. I don't dare brag, I don't dare make a prediction, I just follow the traditions and goofy little details we have like....

  • My Mom must be in her recliner or things start to go down hill for the Tide.
  • I am usually doing stretches on the floor.
  • My Dad, well, he pretty much just doesn't move and polices the rest of us to make sure we go in and out the correct door for bathroom breaks and the like.

We used to have even more traditions in their former home. We are still working on the new ones.

I would love to hear your own stories of funny little superstitions you have when it is your "big ball game" day. Come on, don't be embarassed, I know you've got some.

Love you and Roll Tide!

Leisl

2 comments:

Gayle @ thewestiecrew said...

It most definitely *is* c-o-l-d. And I'm lovin' it!

My football tradition? Hole up with my laptop in my room watching Food Network or something. :)

Hope you have a wonderful time tonight, sweet friend. Happy Birthday and I love ya muchly.

DeeDee said...

something about just planning a fall yard sale brings the cold! Been there done that too LOL

We are going on our shopping trip ALL DAY FRIDAY We can hardly wait!
Julia will be home all week (coming today) so if you can get away to Starbucks -we both would love it - let us know when you are in town.

I have a give-away on my blog - come and comment :)
love you gal
~dd