Tuesday, July 21, 2009

July 21, 2009

Yesterday was my anniversary. 40 years ago, took my first steps on earth. The cool part is that it was the same day man took his first steps on the moon. Makes it easy to remember.

Today, my children and I did the mad scramble to get the house ready to be shown by a realtor. They were a big help. Had to take them for ice cream at McDonalds. It was the least I could do. Mommy's perfectionism must certainly be maddening. Considering the fact that this is our second go around at trying to sell our home, it is a been there done that for all of us....one we could honestly do without. It is what it is and it IS apparently something we gotta do.

Now, I am watching Alyssa munch on a granola bar. It is 10:40 p.m. She is sitting there, cross-legged on the couch beside me. She is wearing her lilac colored disney princess gown, (her favorite) and asking me questions. I love that girl! "Is this healthy? " she asks. I nod my approval and she, satisfied, continues crunching and asking me questions like, "Mommy when did you lose your first tooth?" We discuss normal tooth loss patterns among she and her friends.

Her Daddy walks in and compliments her artwork from Vacation Bible School. "Thank you," she says. He continues on and walks upstairs humming and singing, "Close to You," the one by Karen Carpenter.

Though it is late by the rest of the world's standards, it is not so much to us. We are winding down, it is good. Very, very good.

Leisl

No comments: