Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Just Seeking Him

It has been weeks since I posted. One would assume it has been due to the busyness of Christmas. That is part of the truth. The other part of the truth has been a heaviness of heart. Yes, I had a wonderful blessed Christmas celebration with my immediate and extended family. I had some very special time with cousins I rarely get to talk to one on one...and we had that. It was absolutely precious.

I am still hesitating....

In the life of my own little family, (and yes we belong to Him, the Christ we all celebrated), we have some pretty big issues staring us in the face. I know that right now in our country, there are many with similar issues due to the downturn of our nation's economy. Let's just say our own "economy" took a downturn almost two years ago when the company my husband worked for downsized, and as the highest paid employee, he was let go. Not fired...."let go." Whatever, the end result was the same. Since that time, his efforts at finding full time employment, which have been constant, have been to no avail. He had a temporary full time position that lasted about 3 and 1/2 months last year. He accepted the call to a church as a Bi-Vocational pastor one year ago, but without the other vocation. :) He has done whatever he could find to do, from landscaping, to cleaning businesses, to painting....odd jobs here and there. Still, for reasons that only the Lord knows. He (the Lord) has caused every single door to remain shut regarding full time employment.

Before you go deaf from the violins playing the sad music in the background, please know if you are still reading at this point that I do not write this to evoke sympathy or pity. This is just me, making a public proclomation that I know He sees our need, He is in control, and "My God shall supply all our need according to His riches in Christ Jesus."

We haven't missed a meal, and none of us are naked. We still have shelter and in the eyes of most of the world that makes us wealthy.

Quite simply, we are at a point in which some hard decisions have to be made, and we are just not sure which way to go.

If you happen to read this, and if you believe as I do that if we "Trust in the Lord with all our hearts, and lean not on our own understanding, in all our ways acknowledge Him and He will direct our paths," then just pray with me that we will keep Him our focus and trust Him and obey Him whatever He says and wherever He leads.

I am participating with DeeDee's TUESDAY'S TOGETHER (in the Word). One of the scriptures she mentioned was from the book of Isaiah, chapter 30 and verse 18:


So the LORD must wait for you to come to Him
So He can show you His love and compassion,
For the Lord is a faithful God.
Blessed are those who wait for His help.
How is that for a timely word?

Waiting for His Help,
Leisl

5 comments:

DeeDee said...

Praying with you Sweet Friend!
~dd

Kelly Ellison said...

Just like you would never give one of your own children wrong directions if they were earnestly wanting to follow you, the Lord knows your heart and He will not allow you to go the wrong direction when you are earnestly seeking His will.

I am praying for you all!
Kelly

Courtney Higdon said...

Hey Lesil!! I can't believe I found you on here. I will be praying for your family!

Courtney Comer Higdon

Kelly @ Sufficient Grace Ministries said...

Thanks for joining us on the Tuesdays journey. Praying the Lord's provision for your family.

DeeDee said...

Oh Leisl - so glad that you have joined with us on Tuesdays Together. I will look forward to your perspective from your reading of God's word. Sweet!

Blessings,
DeeDee